It's Thursday. And unless Mother Nature played a(nother) cruel joke on the Valley, it's warm, sunny and beautiful weather for patio beers. When I lived in Columbus, I did some scientific experiments with actual scientists and we determined by an even greater margin than dentists who prefer sugarless gum that Patio Beers taste better than regular beers. So enjoy a better beer: Do it on the patio!
Here's tonight's list, sponsored all month by Martini Brothers Burger Bar, which has an awesome patio Downtown to drink on!
• Martini Brothers Burger Bar & Arcade at Knox has Downtown's best burgers until 11 and great craft beer in bottles and cans. So clap your hands. Clap your hands.
• O'Donold's Downtown has $2 Thursday with Karaoke by Jaye Mills at 10 p.m.
• O'Donold's in Austintown has $1.50 domestic bottles for former and current military members and spouses. $2.99 Build-A-Burger.
• Suzie's Dogs & Drafts has alcoholic milkshakes, unique cocktails & great craft beer until 2 a.m.; hot dogs & tater tots until 4 a.m.
• Vintage Estates has Open Mic from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. inside with Steve Vuich and a patio to drink your craft beer & wine on.
• Magic Tree Pub & Eatery has the patio open and 1/2 priced appetizers all day today. The valley's first Wine Tap System will be opening 4/17!
• Draught House has $2 pints of mostly craft beer. $1.75 PBR pints all day every day. Claudia's in the kitchen if you're hungry.
• Bill's Place has select buckets 5 for $10 tonight; Ring Toss at 7:30; DJ Hubcab at 9. Kitchen's open until 10 p.m. with a new menu!
• Shotz Bar N Grille has 40-cent Jumbo wings until 6 p.m.; 25-cent wings from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
• Quaker Steak & Lube in Austintown has $3 Miller Lite Talls all day and the season's first Emergency Bike Night!
• Warehouse 50 is Pre-Gaming for the weekend with $2 drinks, $5 domestic pitchers, DJ at 10 p.m. with Warehouse Pong & $1 burgers.
• Cedars West End has Swing Night with free lessons available.
• Utopia has Ladies Night every Thursday at Midnight with $2 drafts, $3 bombs and $4 Long Islands.
• Rust Belt Brewing Tap House $3 pints of great local craft beer until 7 p.m. $4 Youngstown Car Bombs today.
• Crickets has Buck Wild Thursdays with $1 PBR cans & Mini Beers; $1 off shots and 16-ounce craft beers. $9 Domestic Cricket Spikets.
• Mojo's has Round 2 of the Comedy Contest at 8:30 p.m. Eight amateur comics get 7 minutes to impress. Four advance each week.
• Barry Dyngles has $3 domestic talls, $3 bombs and $3 Fireball shots from 8 p.m. until Midnight
• V2 Wine Bar has one heck of a collection of great craft beer & imports in bottles and a wonderful patio to enjoy them on.
• JayJay's Roadhouse has $1.99 Pints of Miller Lite and Bud Light for Happy Hour until 7 p.m. Stella on tap for $3.25
• The Phoenix Fire Grill and Bar has Fat Tire, Summer Shandy, Chillwave IPA and North Coast's Pranqster Belgian Strong Ale on tap.
• Mizu Sushi & Grill has $3 imports $2 domestics every weekday and $1 off all cocktails 4-7 p.m.
• Quaker Steak & Lube in Boardman has Trivi-Oke at 8 p.m. with $5 tankers.
• Brickhouse Youngstown has select beers for $1.50 all day.
Bars with bands tonight, courtesy of Steve Mahoning's MVLiveMusic.com page:
• Clark Bar has Open Mic with Bill Henceroth, Frank Weston & Kenny Szenborn.
• The Fireplace in New Middletown has Groove Shakers at 8:30 p.m.
• Bar 145 in Kent has Jones For Revival. I post that because I love J4R, and Kent's not that far away. You should like J4R, too.